Serving personalized ads to your prospects and leads isn’t challenging for emails and warm calling. In such a case, you’ll likely have enough data on your customers to tailor the offer just for them.
However, that’s not the case for top-funnel audiences when you typically don’t fully understand people that engage with your content. So let’s find out how to get comprehensive b2b audience data to simultaneously reach customers across many paid channels.
How to Personalize Paid Ads Across Many Channels?
Unlike 1:1 channels (email, phone calls, and direct mail), paid ad platforms are designed to broadcast your messages to a broad audience. The problem is that you can only use native targeting options like demographic and firmographic data. But those tell you absolutely nothing about the personal preferences of the people you’re addressing.
You should first identify the target customer persona to bring out a truly engaging, tailored offer. It will provide you with a deeper and more precise understanding of customers’ pain points and what benefits they expect to win from your product.
Next, you must look for appropriate b2b customer data points. Specifically those indicating that a person is the best fit for your offer.
How to Determine Essential B2B Data Points for Ad Personalization?
You can and must look for specific intent and behavior signals to achieve a better outcome from personalized advertising through paid channels. Such can be:
- Detecting unique visitors on landing pages with specific content
- Leveraging reverse IP lookups and cookie data
- Scraping data on commercial activities like company mergers, fundraising, etc.
But sourcing and measuring intent signals is only half of the story. To run a full-fledged personalized campaign, you have to:
- Define the goal. It could be lead generation, raising brand awareness, or increase in conversions.
- Break down the total audience into segments. The segments should encompass customers that match your ICP profiles most.
- Append intent data to corresponding ABM accounts.
What Are the Limitations of Common Martech?
Unfortunately, marketers often have to deal with inaccurate or outdated b2b data when using martech services.
- About 66% of mobile users restrict cookie access for web and mobile applications.
- Cookies expire within one or two months (if the user doesn’t remove them manually).
- We can’t track the same user on different devices as those enable different cookie files.
- Around 30-50% of users aren’t tied to a single IP address.
Why You Must Try Audience-Building Tools
These tools allow you to achieve much more with paid social campaigns. Using audience builders similar to Primer, you’ll manage to:
- Append hundreds of audience attributes to default Facebook or LinkedIn targeting
- Source relevant and precise b2b audience data from 12+ third-party data providers
- Create custom audience lists to import to several paid ad platforms and reach your potential buyers everywhere.
This way of ad personalization allows your business to address the pain points that bother your TA right now. Thus, using such targeting platforms is an efficient and growth-oriented approach as you deliver clients the offers they long for. Test it, and you’ll see your marketing teams nailing paid ad campaigns with impressive conversion rates.